However, we have witnessed an increasing number of unethical practices targeting employees working from home in the form of:
- Email Scams
- Phishing Emails
- Unsecure Website links
- Unauthorised Downloads
- 3rd Party Applications and Software
The risk of an employee reading what appears to be a legitimate email and inadvertently opening an unsafe attachment or clicking on an unsecure web link is high. But the impact this can cause can be extreme in some cases, resulting in one or more of the following:
- Downtime or drop in the performance and efficiency of computer systems and staff
- Trojans and viruses infecting computer systems
- Compromise of sensitive and confidential data
- Financial loss due to ransomware incidents
- Inability to service clients and a decline in Organisational Reputation
What we offer
Businesses who have staff members working from home can still keep the business running and be productive. This requires employees to be aware of security protocols and the right preventative measures to take. At ITConnexion, we believe a good security solution comprises best-of-breed software and education to provide protection for staff and data, whilst not complicating the use of computer systems for end users.
Our recommended security practices include:
The use of enterprise grades anti-virus using Sophos Intercept X, a sophisticated endpoint and network security software (that should be installed for all computers)
Security Training for all staff members, especially those who are working from home
Maximise the use of Office 365 and apps such as SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to enable collaboration
Implement Multifactor Authentication
Safeguard mailboxes and confidential data in Office 365 by using cloud-to-cloud backup
At ITConnexion, we are utilising 3CX solution for effective and efficient telephony communication. We have offices in multiple regions and now with staff members working from home, we still have the access to the hunt groups, call groups and voicemail. We can install the softphone on laptops and smartphones which enables us to take work calls when mobile or working from home.
3CX is currently offering businesses standard licenses FREE for the first 3 years as a response to COVID-19 situation.
Ask us how.
Tips to stay safe
- Be cautious about the unknown/unauthorised emails, applications and website links
- Avoid the use of 3rd party online tools and software if they are not endorsed by your organisation
- Do install all important updates on your PC or laptop
- Ensure all computer Software and Tools are up to date
- Utilise Multi Factor Authentication method (when it is available) to securely authenticate access to your key business systems
For more information, please contact us. We are here for you. Let us all do our part to help flatten the curve.