The Australian Government is a world leader with Open Data and are committed to consulting a range of private sector and community organisations to identify value-adding public datasets. These datasets are considered high value if they are: valuable to business; help the public make informed decisions; improve user experiences and and assist the Government in making or communicating evidence based policy decisions.
How might organisations use Open Data?
- Analyse indicators and trends
- Draw out interesting evidence
- Combine datasets to create new knowledge, insights and/or applications
- Help solve community or societal problems
- Research – a great base for secondary research
- Compare data from other sources
- Explore and export data to create test scenarios
- Add data to existing applications
Where can you obtain this data?
- Government website: www.data.gov.au
- Melbourne: https://data.melbourne.vic.gov.au
Open Data Sources and related links: