So how does this benefit your organisation?
We can give you the right advice! Google Apps although fantastic, is not for everybody. Use our expertise!! As our client you are entitled to a FREE Google Apps consultation with our Director, Carlson.
Our IT Professionals have undertaken accredited Google Apps training!
We can support you locally! Don’t sit on the phone to US Google till midnight or 3am in the morning, we can provide IT Support in Melbourne.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER GOOGLE APPS?
There are many factors to consider in making the decision to adapt Google Apps. While Google and other cloud solution vendors may want everyone to jump onto their bandwagon, from our experience, the decision to adapt Google Apps is more straight forward if your requirements fall under one of these scenarios:
Start up companies that need to set up a server due to a growing number of staff where you need a repository of files and data.
Companies with an aging server (i.e. that requires an update).
Companies with basic server requirements (e.g. just file sharing and emails) and that don’t have complicated security and permission requirements. Generally, it applies to companies with less than 15 staff.
Companies with a very mobile workforce and a low number of staff at the head office.
Organisations embarking on a major project with Third Parties (which may require access for external people) and they would like to keep the data away from their server.
Commercial companies (which is not eligible for any Microsoft discount) and would like to change from Exchange to Google Gmail to save money on Microsoft licensing fees and the costs associated with maintaining the Exchange server.
All companies that want to use Google Apps as part of their Disaster Recovery Plan.
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER IT?
Google Apps brings simple, powerful communication and collaboration tools to organisations of any size – all hosted by Google to streamline setup, minimize maintenance, and reduce IT costs. With Gmail (including Google email security, powered by Postini), Google Calendar, and integrated IM, users can stay connected and work together with ease. And, using Google Docs and Google Sites, which include word processing, spread sheet, presentation and website creation tools, they can share files and collaborate in real-time, keeping versions organized and available wherever and whenever users work.
- Google Apps messaging tools include email, calendar and instant messaging solutions that help employees communicate and stay connected, wherever and whenever they work. These web-based services can be securely accessed from any browser, work on mobile and integrate with other popular email systems.
GET CONTROL OF SPAM.
- Advanced filters keep spam from employees’ inboxes so they can focus on messages that matter, and IT admins can focus on other initiatives.
INTEGRATED INSTANT MESSAGING.
- Connect with contacts instantly without launching a separate application or leaving your inbox. No software required.
BUILT-IN VOICE AND VIDEO CHAT VOICE AND VIDEO CONVERSATIONS.
- Integrated into Gmail, make it easy to connect face-to-face with co-workers around the world.
FIND MESSAGES INSTANTLY.
- Powerful Google search technology is built into Gmail, turning your inbox into your own private and secure Google search engine for email.
PROTECT AND SECURE SENSITIVE INFORMATION.
- Additional spam filtering from Postini provides employees with an additional layer of protection and policy-enforced encryption between domains using standard TLS protocols. Centrally-managed content filters enable companies to create custom inbound and outbound policies to keep sensitive information safe.
MOBILE INTEGRATION EMAIL AND IM.
- Are easily accessible on the iPhone, BlackBerry, or other smart phones through client applications or web interfaces optimized to run on mobile browsers.
Google Apps includes dozens of critical security features specifically designed to keep your data safe, secure and in your control. Your data belongs to you, and Apps tools enable you to control it, including who you share it with and how you share it. Our data center network provides exceptional security and guarantees* reliable access to your data, 24x7x365.25 (that’s right: no rest, even on leap years).
YOUR WORK IS ALWAYS BACKED UP.
- While you work, all your critical data is automatically backed up on Google servers.
YOU OWN AND CONTROL YOUR DATA.
- When you put your data in Google Apps, you still own it, and it says just that in our contracts. Apps’ powerful, easy-to-use tools help administrators manage things like users, documents and services, and keep track of usage and data via dashboards.
INCREASED SECURITY AND RELIABILITY.
- We guarantee 99.9% uptime* and build-in robust disaster recovery, so you don’t even have to worry about natural disasters.
- We also automatically encrypt browser sessions with SSL for Apps users without the need for VPNs or other costly, cumbersome infrastructure.